Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

reasearch on Freak The Mighty entry #7

Freak The Mighty is such a wonderful book but in my research i came across a very mind provoking question which wanted me to know more.  How Freak The Mighty talks about such strong topic's?  I mean i read this book with my class in 3rd grade and it was very good but to hear that as a little kid was a little weird.  I remember one part in the book was when I had just learned that Freak was disabled i felt a little weird.  This book touches on such strong topic's like death, killers,smoking, and alcohol  when all off this hit me in 5th grade when I read it again I understood.  


Now reading this book all of these issues are not really a freak as they were when i was little.  When i was little this book i said gave me the creeps only because i think i was to young to be understanding this book.  I guess when your older everything changes like all they rules about being a kid and then being a teenager.  with teenagers my age reading this book is a breeze than little kids reading this book it is much different because of age i guess.  when it comes to reading certain books i guess age takes a toll and effect, if your like ten reading a adult book you wouldn't understand it .  same goes for the other way but people would just be like "why are you reading a picture book"... 


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment